The DREAM Franchise
Each session of these workshops has the following phases:
- Introduction: Science and/or technology concepts are explained in a simple way.
- Guided lab: the facilitator guides the kids in order to apply the concepts in phase 1.
- μ-Sci-Fi Stories: The kids imagine how could it be applied in the future in their every day’s life, drawing or writing a short story.
- Makers: The kids build a prototype using recycled and low-cost materials, which can be customized (functionality, colours, innovation, etc) accordingly to the μ-Sci-Fi Stories.
- Final Presentation: The kids make a short presentation, explaining the main characteristics of their prototypes.